Thursday, November 18, 2010

Appropriation part 2


Behold, Atlas! I got this picture online, its the statue of Atlas holding up the world outside Rockefeller Building in NYC. My initial concept was man being burdened with the nonsense of today, such as poverty/AIDS/war etc. The image of Atlas was quite appropriate, since he's carrying the entire world on his shoulders for crying out loud. Then I decided to change it to a grenade, to show the danger of such issues and I added in all the pressing issues of the modern world as red words on the grenade.

The main critique was the words are hard to see. I agree, however I had already merged all the layers together ( noob photoshop-er spotted ) so I couldnt enhance the words to make them really stand out. Tweaked the contrast and added a flaming sky to give it an dark epic feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment