Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Assignment 1


Oh yeah, so I finally got off my keister and hit the streets to get some photos taken. Before that, I should probably post some assignment 1 photos.


Shape : Has to give a 2D feel, so this is round/circles, nuff' said.


Form : Honestly I had no idea what form was, only something 3D so my initial idea was to take the lamp, make it look 3D and contrast it with the morning sky. Had an idea like as one light dims, the other grows. Which is out of context since we're not aiming for story telling photos ><


Color : Bright colors sandwiched between brown. Yeah the assignment is suppose to be outdoors but this was too eye catching to ignore. Taken inside COM1 lobby area, had to arrange the (heavy) chairs a bit.


Lines : Plenty of lines to go around here + some perspective thrown in for good measure. Its the hellish flight of stairs up from business car park to behind of Com1, which has dissuaded many a student from parking there.


Texture : Rough bark of random tree found in NUS campus ... moving on ...

Overall I'm satisfied with my lines and color photo, the rest I will be improving on. On a side note, I got all my focal lengths wrong because I had no idea what the hell focal length was at that time and I was snapping away using a wide angle lens with focal range of 12-24mm ... So ... everything must retake tmd ...



No comments:

Post a Comment